Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
grnal
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Lukas Grna

Backup in wrong folder?

Post by grnal »

Hello,

I was plunged into maintenanig server with veeam backup 6.5 and I am still not very familiar with it so I have maybe easy or stupid question about backup folders.

Virtual machines run on VMware. Backup runs daily on schedule and is stored on network share.
Everything works fine except on thing. The backup files are stored IMHO in wrong folders.
For Example: machine: NT-APP02 is stored in foder NT-Backup and vice versa.
Some machines are stored correctly but some aren't.

images of backups:

any suggestions, or what to check?

regards

Lukas
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup in wrong folder?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Lukas,

It is easy to check in the Repository settings. Go to Veeam B&R server > Backup Infrastructure > Edit Backup Repository and then choose Repository part of the screen and you may see the direct path where backup would be strored.

The next step would be to doublecheck each job linked to repository: B&R > Edit job > Storage part.

Cheers.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backup in wrong folder?

Post by veremin »

The names of the jobs must have been changed previously. In the way I see it, NT-APP02 was previously named Maintenance backup and vice versa.

Please be aware that if you rename a job, a name of the corresponding folder, as well as, a name of .vbm-file will stay unchanged, the only files that will be named differently will be the files created during next job runs after renaming has occurred.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.