Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JBN
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jerzy Bańczak

Backup job and backup copy job are not the same.

Post by JBN »

Hello all,
I have a little question. I set a backup job to my all vm. Active full backup goes every saturday and on workdays its increamental.
I make a backup copy job to my NAS. And backup copy job send to my qnap only increamental backups. The first I set was full but then there are only increamental. Even if I manualy make active full primary job then backup copy job starts and it send increamental not full backup to qnap. I tried to delete backup copy job and set the new one but it is the same.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Backup job and backup copy job are not the same.

Post by Mildur »

Hello Jerzy

Backup copy jobs are using their own backup chains. It's not a "backup file copy" job where you have an exact copy of all files from your primary repository.
If you want to have periodic full backups, please enable GFS in the backup copy job settings. And to copy all restore points of your primary backup, use a immediate backup copy job.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
JBN
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jerzy Bańczak

Re: Backup job and backup copy job are not the same.

Post by JBN » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for reply.
I use immediate backup copy job. I will give to cut my hand that some times ago I configured it like:
1. Primary make full backup > then this same backup was send to qnap as backup copy job.
2. Primary make increamental > then increamental goes to qnap
And so on and so on and it was working perfect.
Ive just configured GFS and will see in weekend.
Many thanks for fast reply.