Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rich360
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Bartlett

Backup job move options missing in B&R v12

Post by rich360 »

Hi all

I have just updated a client's B&R to V12.

I want to move a VM from the existing job containing 6 VM's to a new job containing just a single VM.

I've looked at several guides and they all have me going to the Disks section, finding the VM, then a right click context menu option to move the VM. However on my client's context menu there is no move option.

Does VeeaMover need to be enabled in some way?

I guess I'm missing something!

Thanks.
rennerstefan
Veeam Software
Liked: 146 times
Full Name: Stefan Renner

Re: Backup job move options missing in B&R v12

Post by rennerstefan »

Hi,

please check the steps and esp. the "Common Considerations" here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
May be the case that something does not apply in your case.

Let us know.

Thanks
Stefan Renner

Veeam PMA
DataDefender
Influencer

Post by DataDefender »

I have the same issue on some Repos/Backups. I made sure to check every that it uses the "per VM backup file" option and upgraded all repos. Some backups (not repos) can be moved, while others cannot. Apparently there seems to be no difference. I also tried disabling the job, detaching the backup and see if that helps, but it does not. Not even after remapping the jobs and activating them again.

I have read doc article above. Anyone that can point me into the right direction?
DataDefender
Influencer

Post by DataDefender »

I have the same issue on some Repos/Backups. I made sure to check every that it uses the "per VM backup file" option and upgraded all repos. Some backups (not repos) can be moved, while others cannot. Apparently there seems to be no difference. I also tried disabling the job, detaching the backup and see if that helps, but it does not. Not even after remapping the jobs and activating them again.

I have read doc article above. Anyone that can point me into the right direction?