Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
michaelyou
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: michael

Backup Jobs missing after the latest configuration restored

Post by michaelyou »

Hi Everyone ,

I tried to install a fresh VBR server and restore the latest configuration from the backup.
there have 21 backup jobs = 21 restore jobs on PRODUCTION.

But after I restored it on LAB, Although the backup jobs is 21(correctly) ,but there are only 15 restore jobs presented. (incorrect)

Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Jobs missing after the latest configuration restored

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Michael,

When saying 21 restore jobs you mean restore sessions displayed in the Veeam B&R session history (Veeam B&R > History > Restore)? Any specific restore sessions are missing (say file level recoveries)? Thanks!
michaelyou
Influencer

Post by michaelyou »

Hello Dima ,

Thank you for your always helping for me.
Sorry for confuse.
For example , from the production server , we can restore file or entire VM from "Home" --> "Backups" --> "Disks" , there have "21" items and equal to "21" backup jobs , so I can select and restore.

But after I setup a fresh VBR server and import the latest configuration , There only have "15" items in "Backup" --> "Disks" .
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Can you rescan your backup repos? It should find the missing restorepoints and update the database.

Your lab computer should not have access to the same backup repo as your production server.
Could that be the problem? On your lab server, you have only 15 backups on this repo and not transfered all restorepoints before restoring the configuration backup?
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
michaelyou
Influencer

Post by michaelyou »

Hi Mildur ,
Thank you very much for your help and reply.
Actually these 21 backup jobs is existed a long time before I restore configuration backup.
Therefore the config should contain these jobs for the restore task.

My "Lab" computer is the same network sub net with "Production" and the all credential is also restored including repository credential , So the "access permission" is OK , Because I can restore the file or AD object from "Lab" computer.

Yes , I ever "re-scan" the repository on Production , but I have a bad experience for that , after "re-scan" , it create another backup folder on repository.
For example.
The original backup folder named "Backup_Server_Job" , after I re-scan , the folder name changed to "Backup_Server_Job_1" , it caused all backup jobs need re-run again and take a long time.
That is why I does not try re-scan repository on "Lab" computer.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The provided information about configuration restore not including some backups and repository rescan changing backup names looks strange and is not expected. So can you please reach our support team and open a ticket with them? Once done, kindly share ticket number here. Thanks!