Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

Backup Listing

Post by rogerdu »

Is there a command or utility that will list the contents of a backup or the representation of a system as of a specific backup image?

Thanks,

Roger
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup Listing

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Roger,

Do you refer to the list of all VMs in the backup file? Something similar to this report > Protected VMs?

Thanks!
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

Post by rogerdu »

No, what I'm looking for is an index of all the files in a specific VM at a specific restore point.

We just had a session with a VEEAM SE, and when I asked him, his response was that he did not think it was possible as Veeam interfaces at the CBT level. While indexing is included in V9, we're on V8 still, and this functionality is still not included.

If you can think of a way to list the files at a restore point for a specific VM that would be great, but I'm suspecting the answer is no.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Post by Gostev »

We have had guest file system indexing since v4, so v8 definitely has it too ;)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

There is no report like that, but you can search through indexed backup files via Enterprise Manager web UI.
johannesk
Expert
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson

[MERGED] Export a list of files backed up on particular vm

Post by johannesk »

Hi

I have a request from auditors to show what files get backed up each day within a particular folder share. One way of maintaning information about that would be to index the backups, and then I can at least query Enterprise manager about versions of files.

I rather not go ahead and have Veeam index this Vm more than a few months back, but the auditors request is to have this information at least 12 months back, preferrably longer.

This made me wander: Is there a possibility to extract this information to a report on regular bases? Meaning if I could somehow query the indices to get this information to a file?

regards,
Johannes