Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AdrianDiaz
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gerardo Adrian Diaz Perez

BACKUP ON A REMOTE NAS

Post by AdrianDiaz »

hi, i have a server with a SAP B1 and suse, i use Veeam B&R and all the backups goes to the NAS inside my site. all good with this, my problem is the following:

i need backup all my VM and files out my office, i have a remote nas and with my local nas send all the VM and files using the services of synylogy (rysinc or another app),but this works slow, with veeam is possible backup all my VM and files directly to my remote nas?

thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: BACKUP ON A REMOTE NAS

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hello Gerardo

Veeam Backup & Replication has backup copy jobs to copy your backups from one NAS to another:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
but this works slow, with veeam is possible backup all my VM and files directly to my remote nas?
If rsync is slow, you may also find using backup copy jobs slow. I assume you use SMB shares as backup repositories?
In that case a Gateway Server should be deployed on your remote side. Without a dedicated gateway server in your remote location, health checks, synthetic full backups or backups without regular full backups will use a lot of bandwidth because the backup server in location 1 has to read backup files from the remote side.
With SMB repositories, active full backups are recommended. But this requires enough bandwidth to be able to do a full copy within the copy window.

Please note, your solution with two NAS devices does probably not involve immutable or air-gapped backup storage. An attacker on your backup server can just delete all backups you have.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
AdrianDiaz
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gerardo Adrian Diaz Perez

Re: BACKUP ON A REMOTE NAS

Post by AdrianDiaz »

Hi.

I'm sorry for reply late, thanks for your answer and your time to reply. I will start reviewing your recomendation. regarts!