Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
karoliss
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Karolis Surkus

Backup Seeding file was not discovered

Post by karoliss »

Hi There,

I haven't done a seeding backup before (where an initial backup is taken then uploaded to the backup destination, via different means and backup copy job is then just doing incremental backups to that).
So i am not sure if i have done this correctly or not, but any help would be great.
I have taken a backup of servers to a USB HDD, which was then taken to another location (with better internet line for uploading) where the initial backup was copied over to the repository.
Then I added the new "remote" repository on Veeam and did a "rescan", where it skipped the backup.
So i thought, ok, i will just try and re-enable the job to that repository, but what then happened, it just created a new backup folder _1 and it failed to find the .vkm files.

I tried re-creating a job, but it just creates new folder and tries to upload the whole initial backup to the location.

I figured, i am doing something wrong, but I am not sure what that could be. Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Karolis
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Seeding file was not discovered

Post by foggy »

Hi Karolis, could you please confirm you're copying the entire backup chain (full + related increments, if there are any) along with the VBM file to the remote repository?
karoliss
Novice

Post by karoliss »

Hi Foggy,

Yeah, i was copying the whole Backup folder which contained Full backup and 2 incrementals with the config file.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Then rescan shouldn't have skipped the backup. Is it a backup created by a regular Veeam B&R backup job?
karoliss
Novice

Post by karoliss »

I used backup copy job.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

It seems strange to me that rescan did not detect the backup, I'd recommend to raise a support request and ask our engineers to analyze debug logs of rescan procedure.
Please don't forget to provide us with a support case ID.

Thanks!