Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
holian
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Krisztián

Backup stopped working

Post by holian »

Masters,

On May.29 one of our Exchange certificate experied. (IMAP, POP, IIS, SMTP services was assigned to this certificate). We created a new self-signed certficate, and assigned the services to this new one.

Unfortunatelly the backups stopped working on this day evening.

The error messages on backup tasks:
Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

The error message:
The error message when try to browse the vcenter server on Veeam --> Virtual machines
Failed to login to "192.168.1.7" by SOAP, PORT 443, user "mydomain\administrator", proxy srv port:0
Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

When i connect to the windows server which host the Vcenter Server via RDP and start Vsphere client to connect with domain user i get the following error:
A general system error occured:Authorize Exception.

I tried to restart SSO and Vcenter services with no luck.

Ist it possible the problem caused the experied certificate?

Any help apperitiated!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup stopped working

Post by foggy »

holian wrote: When i connect to the windows server which host the Vcenter Server via RDP and start Vsphere client to connect with domain user i get the following error:
Looks like the issue with connecting to vCenter server, not just with running backups against it. Have you contacted VMware support with this?
holian
Novice

Post by holian »

Not yet. I hope someone can see the connection between the certification-vcenter-veeam triangle... (and maybee ssl, iis..etc..) :)
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

When i connect to the windows server which host the Vcenter Server via RDP and start Vsphere client to connect with domain user i get the following error:
Can you successfully log on, using local admin account? If so, most likely your vCenter has its link to a domain controller. Thanks.
holian
Novice

Post by holian »

Yes, i can succcessfully log in with local users and backup is run well if i changed the authentication from domain to local.

I think something with the certificate, but i can't do anything because my precedessor did'nt provide password for sso....

I try to install a temporary vcenter and than make some sql query to replace hashes from temp to productive database