Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
m.novelli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 84 times
Full Name: Marco Novelli

Backups going back in time

Post by m.novelli »

Hi guys, I've notice a strange issue on a physical Veeam Backup server: the backup "end time" is prior to "start time" and the chained Replication Job never starts. The offset is probably one or two hours, and Veeam Backup is reporting a "negative" time to complete the backup job

Have a look at this screenshot: http://grab.by/IsNA

I've searched the Event Viewer looking for a Windows time change or events going back in time by one or two hours, without luck. Anyone experienced something similar? The Veeam server is physical, so we should exclude VMware Tools time sync issues. Now I'm going to look at Domain Controllers events

Forgot to mention: the customer is running Veeam 8.0 Update2 on Windows 2012 R2 fully updated.

Cheers,

Marco
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Backups going back in time

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hello Marco,

First of all thanks for noticing and bringing it here. Time-displaying issues happen occasionally.

I`ll ask QA team to double-check the behavior. Does the issue affect the job or causes any additional nuisance? Thanks!
m.novelli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 84 times
Full Name: Marco Novelli

Post by m.novelli »

Shestakov wrote:Hello Marco,

First of all thanks for noticing and bringing it here. Time-displaying issues happen occasionally.

I`ll ask QA team to double-check the behavior. Does the issue affect the job or causes any additional nuisance? Thanks!
It caused a chained Replication Job not to start

Yesterday I've installed Update2b for Veeam 8 and rebooted the server, and the backup was fine without the time-displaying issue
I'll check in the following days
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Marco,
We`ve made additional testing, but could not reproduce the issue. It would be great if you take a screenshot including the "Action" log of the job.
Most likely the server was migrated to another time-zone during the job`s run. Did the issue happen just once or several times?
Thanks!