Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Keyword
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Andersson

Backups missing / Cant import

Post by Keyword »

Hi!

Yesterday I got a problem with my backups, so maybe someone here knows what it possibly could be.

Something has happend with my backup jobs, I can see them under Jobs-> Backup but when I check under Backups->Disk I only see like half of all my jobs. When I look on my backup share all files are left, so no data is missing but its not being presented in Veeam. The second strange thing is that all existing jobs that runs a backup is creating a new folder on my share with a new .vbm stored.

So I tried to Import my jobs Backups->Import backup and selects the .vbm file it says like this: "Failed to load backup meta from file "\\xx\xx.vbm' Root element is missing." I know that I'm using credentials that works.

Do anyone have an idea of where I should start looking?

I am running Veeam Backup & Replication 7.0 R2.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backups missing / Cant import

Post by veremin »

Hi, John,

Looks strange, indeed. Were there any environmental changes that might have resulted in jobs duplication? Also, have you already tried to map corresponding jobs to the existing backup data, so that the previous backup chain is continued, and no new folder is created?

Thanks.
Keyword
Novice

Post by Keyword »

I discovered the problem after I had run a Rescan respository on my share. I did that beacuse I thought it would update the status after I deleted some VM's out of the backup job (bad idea I guess :) ) .

I have not tried that but when I right click on Job in Backups->Disk select properties it Points to the new folder, I cant change that path or how do you mean? Sorry, I'm a beginner.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I discovered the problem after I had run a Rescan respository on my share. I did that beacuse I thought it would update the status after I deleted some VM's out of the backup job (bad idea I guess :) )
Could elaborate on how you deleted these VMs? If done properly (via job wizard), the process of removing VMs should cause any issues at all.
I have not tried that but when I right click on Job in Backups->Disk select properties it Points to the new folder, I cant change that path or how do you mean?
In order to map backup job to existing backup data, you should go to the settings of backup job -> Storage -> map backup and select there required backup.

Thanks.
Keyword
Novice

Post by Keyword »

Ok! I can tried to map to the existing map backup data. But still when I look under Backups->Disk select properties it Points to the new folder

But what should I do with the jobs that are "gone"? They arent presented on under my backup repositories (backup job -> Storage -> map backup), I've have disabled them to run now.

Thank you!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can try to rescan the repository instead of importing backups, that should populate the Backups node. However, the whole situation is quite strange, I can hardly believe this occurred by itself. I recommend contacting support to find out the reasons of why backups are missing. Are you the only person that has access to the backup console?
Keyword
Novice

Post by Keyword »

I've tried to rescan the repository but it wont find the jobs. Yes its really strange, I must have done something but dont know what. I'll try to get contact with my support today.