Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jweave
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Bandwidth Throttle Help

Post by jweave »

Hello all,

I am having trouble setting up bandwidth throttling.

Here is my current setup:
I have my environment set up at site A, which includes Veeam box with several proxies.

I have site B, which has another Veeam box, and a few proxies.

These are on different networks. I have my Veeam box from Site A connected to site B's vcenter. I have a handful of replications run every night from Site B's location, to site A's Veeam and repositories.

I am looking to set up a bandwidth throttle during business hours. We do have a 10m/b connection between the sites.

From what I understand, you need to set up the throttle on both ends, but I am unsure on what to configure on site B's side.

Any light shed on this would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Bandwidth Throttle Help

Post by foggy »

Bandwidth throttling should be configured on the backup server that is responsible for the corresponding jobs (site's A instance, in your case).
jweave
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by jweave »

Is that the only place it is needed? Because I had set up throttling to throttle all of site B's network during specific hours, and it didn't seem to change anything.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, this is the only place. I'd recommend to contact technical support so they could review your network topology and check the specific rules you specify.