Barracuda Cloud to Veeam Migration

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Barracuda Cloud to Veeam Migration

Veeam Logoby pearsonsjp » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 pm

My company is kicking Barracuda to the curb, and we are getting very little support from them(read: none at all). We currently have about 25TB of server backups stored in our Barracuda cloud that we must retain for historical purposes, and for obvious reasons we can't just continue paying Barracuda for the next 7 years until that data is no longer necessary.
We want to migrate these and be able to restore them if the need ever arises from Veeam. We are rapidly expanding so we are looking for the most painless method of doing this as possible, paying for a solution to do this for is is not off the table.
We haven't selected a host for Veeam Cloud Connect yet - so if anybody knows if any of the available services offers this...that would be outstanding.

Otherwise, has anybody had to do something similar...or know of a way to get this done short of individually restoring everything from Barracuda then backing it back up into Veeam? (That would be a full time job in itself)
pearsonsjp
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Pearson

Re: Barracuda Cloud to Veeam Migration

Veeam Logoby PTide » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 am

Hi,

We haven't selected a host for Veeam Cloud Connect yet - so if anybody knows if any of the available services offers this...that would be outstanding.
I guess that you need this tool.

Thanks
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 241 times

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:34 pm

The question is whether you want to send to CC repositories backups created by different utility? If so, be aware that such scenario is not supported. So, instead of cloud connect, you'd better take a look at public clouds and their offerings in regards to long-term archival storage.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 949 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby pearsonsjp » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 pm

PTide wrote:Hi,
I guess that you need this tool.

Thanks

I've already looked at that page, and yes we are going to be selecting one of those.
I know how to find a Cloud Connect service. That's the easy part, the question is about migrating.
pearsonsjp
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Pearson

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication