- Posts: 31
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm
- Full Name: V
2) might go with Veeam essential Standard edition once trial is done
3) backing up 1 VMWare host machine which has 2 VM's
4) took a backup of VM's to an external USB drive using Veeam backup software
5) Lets say there is a disaster(lightning) in our location and we loose all the hardware/servers...etc
6) all we have is the veeam backups on external USB drive
7) now to restore the backups to a new server hardware, will the following steps work:
a) get a new server, install vmware host
b) get a new workstation (windows), install Veeam software
c) connect the USB backup drive ( from step 6) to this new PC
d) restore the VM's back to the new VMWare host
Will the new Veeam machine be able to read the backups and restore back ?
Does the backups have some kind of catalog , which the new Veeam machine will read and restore ?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 25120
- Liked: 2154 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Yes, in order to restore the VMs back, you will need to import backup files to the new console, and then select VMs and restore points in the VM restore wizard.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests