Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
robbysmith
Novice
Liked: never

Bug fix list

Post by robbysmith »

I've been reading the release notes and What's New for U4 but I don't see an itemized list of bug fixes. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one from Veeam.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Bug fix list

Post by HannesK »

Hi,
that's correct, we don't publish a full list of all fixed bugs. From time to time you can find some major issues in KB articles.

Best regards,
Hannes
robbysmith
Novice

Post by robbysmith »

I would like to see one. Most software vendors do so there is precedence. Sometimes you don't know something is broken until you read about the fix. Sometimes there may be something to justify an upgrade right away. Some companies require waiting a certain time (ie: 30 days) after an update is released before it can be installed. Then there's the whole change management situation where a group of people get together to discuss things such as software updates and documentation is required.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Robby,

Any noticeable improvements goes straight to What's New document (you won't miss it), the list of known issues and limitations is published as well but separately in the Release Notes.
robbysmith
Novice

Post by robbysmith »

Sorry, "trust us, we fixed some things, but here's some shiny new things" isn't good enough.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

We're unable to provide an itemized list of bug fixes due to their sheer number and the effort required to document all of them. We do highlight important fixes and changes though (those that resulted in multiple support cases, or may cause data loss). I understand it is not good enough for you, however unfortunately this cannot be changed in the foreseeable future.