Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kjstech
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Keith S

bug: Move all backup files to the new backup repository 1st

Post by kjstech »

I am creating backup copy jobs to copy every 7 days a weekly backup from existing jobs. I accidently had the wrong backup repository selected, so when I go in to edit it to the correct one and click finish, I get a nag with only one option (ok), which is not ok, I want a button to let me "proceed anyway". It says "Move all backup files to the new backup repository first.". Problem is, there are no backup files at all. Didn't run yet, and if there were backup files I wouldn't even know how to get to them, its a backup copy job, not a regular backup job.

I have 3 jobs backup to Exagrid appliance with 14 restore points.
Want to take a copy of one of those every 7 days (weekly) for archival purposes.

Now I have to go through the time consuming process of deleting these backup copy jobs and recreating them. I just wanted to report this.

Veeam 9.0.0.902
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: bug: Move all backup files to the new backup repository

Post by foggy »

Keith, there're several workarounds that allow to avoid re-creating the jobs in this case. However, I agree that getting this message for the job that hadn't even run yet looks unexpected. I will pass this to QA team.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

I believe this also occurred in v8. If I recall correctly though, it only happened if the job was ever enabled (even if it created no files).
kjstech
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Keith S

Post by kjstech »

I deleted and recreated the backup copy jobs and all is well now. Foggy thanks for the link to the workarounds. Good to know for future!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Glad the workaround helped. The behavior is in fact caused by the backup copy job design, however we will consider the ability to address this undesired situation in the future versions.