Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
eduzimrs
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Eduardo Scheffer

[Feature Request] Bulk Jobs edition

Post by eduzimrs » 2 people like this post

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a feature in order to manage Jobs. We face management problems when working with many Jobs (Backup Jobs, Backup Copy Jobs etc...), sometimes we need to bulk edit all Jobs, like:

- Retention setttings
- GFS policy
- Advanced Job Settings (like: Backup mode, synthetic configs, Maintenance, Storage etc...)
- Schedule

We already have this feature in the AAIP part where we can bulk edit multiple VMs (general settings), i'd like to suggest the same feature to the whole Jobs to the common settings (whenever it can be applied obviously).
Thanks guys.
--
Best Regards.
Eduardo K. Scheffer - SE
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: [Feature Request] Bulk Jobs edition

Post by PetrM »

Hi Eduardo,

Many thanks for the request, it's noted!

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: [Feature Request] Bulk Jobs edition

Post by veremin »

For now, you can use PowerShell; our PS subforum users have already scripted all provided scenarios. Thanks!
christian.naenny
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Christian Naenny

[MERGED] Feature request: edit multiple jobs at once

Post by christian.naenny »

Hello everyone,

With the number of backup jobs getting close to 30 (and 20 tape jobs) I wish I could edit multiple jobs at once.
This is how I could imagine a solution: Show the same wizard but where there are different values for different jobs, just show [multiple values]. But all those values that are the same (e.g. retention policy) over all the jobs, just show the value. If I would like to harmonize a value over multiple jobs, it should be possible to change the value from [multiple values] to the desired value. (e.g. set all the selected jobs to Backup Mode Reverse incremental).

Thanks,
Christian
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: SP

Re: Feature request: edit multiple jobs at once

Post by vmtech123 »

This would be a cool feature, tricky though as some jobs will often have different settings. A single page in a GUI showing all the settings with drop downs might work better so you could maybe have 1 different. Sort of like when choosing datastores for a VMware VM with many Disks.

Some settings will work, some won't as well. the ability to select some or all would be great too.