Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cstemaly
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Can SureBackup jobs and BackupCopy jobs run smultaneously?

Post by cstemaly »

I have BackupCopy jobs running continuously, so when a job finished they copy new data to my DR site.

I have a script at the end of my last Backup Job that runs SureBackup on each of my Backup Jobs.

Right now, I have the script disabled, because I had to rebuild my SureBackup jobs.

If I enable the script, what will happen if a SureBackup job tries to run while a BackupCopy Job is running? Can they share the file at all? If so, will they both be very bogged down?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Can SureBackup jobs and BackupCopy jobs run smultaneousl

Post by veremin »

It’s highly possible that this scenario will work, since both backup copy and surebackup job only read corresponding backup files. Nevertheless, this hasn’t been tested, so, you should try it yourself and see whether it works or not.

Anyway, even if backup copy job can’t copy the restore point, it won’t fail but rather will wait till the Surebackup activity is finished, and, then, move the restore point offsite.

Thanks.
cstemaly
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by cstemaly » 2 people like this post

Just wanted to report in that SureBackup and a BackupCopyJob can and DO work simultaneously.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Thank you for coming back and confirming that the ability of SureBackup and Backup Copy jobs to run simultaneously; much appreciated. Thanks.