aen2000
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: billcao

can't migrate database

Post by aen2000 »

Case #04299622

Hi ,
This is my first post, so please let me know if anything is inappropriate!
I'm testing veeam with community version , and when I want to migrate database from SQL express to standard version to solve 10G limit problem(sql express) ,but when I run "Configuration Database Connection Settings" issue happened , it always alert "Unable analyze processes. Access is denied ", I use Windows authentication . can you tell me how to troubleshooting ?
looking forward to your reply .. thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: can't migrate database

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I assume that you follow www.veeam.com/kb1889 - that means it's a SQL configuration issue. I suggest to troubleshoot with SQL commands or SQL management studio instead of Veeam.

Just because I'm curious: what are you doing, that you hit the 10GB limit with community edition? Around 500 VMs should be okay with 10GB... which is far beyond community edition.

Best regards,
Hannes
aen2000
Novice

Post by aen2000 »

Hi Hannes ,

thanks for your reply .
I just do 1 job is backup files to tape (data size nearly 10T ), and gathered this log from system events :

" Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.Backup.Model.JobSessions'.'PK_Backup.Model.JobSessions_id' in database 'VeeamBackup2' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup. "

" CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 10240 MB per database."

"File to Tape Backup job 'File to Tape Job 1' finished with Failed.
Job details: Cannot enumerate 17 folders
Processing 01.XXXX.local
Job has been terminated Error: Failed to save files info to the configuration database
Error: Failed to save files info to the configuration database"
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

I guessed something like that... yeah, the software is not built for that type of usage (see forum search)
aen2000
Novice

Post by aen2000 »

YES! But we do have a need for it now .. Do you have Any suggestions? many thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

I only have the suggestions I made above. For community edition, chances are low that support will help troubleshooting the SQL connection.