Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sjw7
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Simon Wright

Cannot connect to Virtual Lab

Post by sjw7 »

Hi all

I upgraded to Veeam 5 a few weeks ago and have started to impliment the new functionality on offer. I have created a Virtual Lab via the Backup and Replication application and all seemed to go well. I can see the lab in Virtual Center but when i try to connect to it i cannot see it listed in the Select Virtual Lab screen. All i can see is a list of the hosts under the vcenter server.

I know i am missing something obvious here but wondered if anyone else had come across this. I am running the latest version of Veeam (5.0.1) but I cannot create a surebackup job because i cannot select a virtual lab.

We are running vcenter 4.1 with esx 4 hosts (not upgraded to esxi hosts yet).

Cheers

Simon
Alexey D.

Re: Cannot connect to Virtual Lab

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Simon,

Does it get listed under "Virtual labs" node? Or nothing is listed, and you do right-click and choose "Connect..." from that menu, don't you?
sjw7
Novice

Post by sjw7 »

Hi Alexey

Nothing under the Virtual Labs node and when i right click on this it brings up the Select Virtual Lab box but the only things i can see are the virtual center and the hosts in the cluster.

Cheers

Simon
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Simon,

We've never seen this issue before - please open a case with our support team!

Thanks.
sjw7
Novice

Post by sjw7 »

It turned out that the name of the datastore had a non-alphanumeric character in it which it didnt like. Changed the name of the datastore and it all worked as expected.

A good quick response to my issue :) (It was fixed the same day as i logged the case but I have not been able to post since before christmas)

Cheers

Simon
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6691 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Simon, thanks for taking time to update the topic with resolution.