Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Spudly12
Novice
Liked: never

Cannot Remove/Re-install

Post by Spudly12 »

VEEAM Case #04636585.

Hello, I installed Veeam B&R CE on my Windows 2019 server. Initially everything went well and I was able to perform my initial backups. I am unsure what happened after some MS Updates. Initially the problem was the app wouldn't start with a "failed to connect : .... refused 127.0.0.1:9392" and going through this error it looked like it was unable to find the necessary components. Looking through this error message and going through the registry it appears as though some of the essential components or backup catalogs were deemed to be on a local D: drive, however this PC only has a local C: drive! Yes their is an physical optical drive (F:) and a mounted ISO from the Veeam installer (E: drive) and a two mapped network drives (G: and M:).

So I toiled around in the registry in attempt to fix but to no avail. So in the end I decided the best course since would just be to remove the entire application and reinstall. However I can do neither (including repair from the installer) at this point as when it goes through this process it always bombs out with Error 1327. Invalid Drive D:\

Any thought as to how move on from this?

TIA,
Glenn
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cannot Remove/Re-install

Post by foggy »

Hi Glenn, our support engineers will be able to assist you with the troubleshooting. Please continue working with them on this issue. Thanks!
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi,

If you are already trying to re-install, this discussion about error 1327 might be helpful.
However, let's wait for Support to answer.

Thanks!
Spudly12
Novice

Post by Spudly12 »

Fast forward and Veeam is unable to support. While I did try to re-install with the discussion linked above it does not work. So while I still get the original error at startup, I have mucked around endlessly to no avail and cannot even uninstall / reinstall the product. When I try to do so I get this [img]file:///C:/Temp/Veeam%20Uninstall%201.PNG[/img]. If I attempt to an outright re-install from the media/ISO file I get this [img]file:///C:/Temp/Veeam%20Install%201.PNG[/img]
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

We would need a TeamViewer session to see those screenshots ;) as they reference your local file system.

Veeam is totally able to support, you just don't have a support contract apparently - while support cases for free products are processed based on the support staff availability. And you opened your case in the worst period possible, basically on the day when we shipped a new major release.

If it's critical for you to fix this specific machine, then please open a case again later. It may take a few attempts. Otherwise, just do a clean Veeam install on a clean OS install - and you be done in less than an hour!
Spudly12
Novice

Post by Spudly12 »

Yes, this is on the community edition (free) so I understand that support is from Veeam is "iffy" or more directly that I am low on the food chain. Totally understandable.

I will take your advice and try to re-open the case. As I am technologically literate I thought that perhaps I could muck through it on my own. However I don't know if I've taken one step back and two forward or one step forward and two back! ;-)

Thank you,
Glenn