Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Unix3
Lurker
Liked: never

Cannot select STOREONCE repository from Backup&Replication 9.5

Post by Unix3 »

Hi all,
I've configured a HPE DL80 with Veeam Backup&Replication 9.5 update 3a. The DL80 is zoned along with HPE StoreOnce 3450, moreover the StoreOnce and DL80 are managed in the same subnet network.

I have started to configure the backup repository on Veeam&Replication server for HPE Storeonce and I have completed the wizard without errors.
In fact I was able during the wizard to select the stores that I've previous created on HPE StoreOnce and I can populate them correctly.
After that I have created a backup job for a VM, but during the wizard in the "storage" step when I tried to select the backup repository I was able to see only the local repository , I wan't able to select the StoreOnce repository created in the previous step, because the wizard didn't show it.

In my solution the gateway role is on the same server in which I've installed the Backup&Replication 9.5.

Could you help me?

Best regards,
Unix
Rick.Vanover
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times
Full Name: Rick Vanover

Re: Cannot select STOREONCE repository from Backup&Replication 9.5

Post by Rick.Vanover »

Welcome to the Veeam forums, UNIX3.

It seems that you have done all steps right as you added the repository. By chance is this a backup job that was already configured (especially with something that may not be supported, like reverse incremental) and pointing to the default repository? Or is it a new job?

I've done more work with other deduplication storage systems myself, but one thing is that you could try to rescan the components to refresh the UI - and it may appear in a new backup job wizard. And I guess it would be right to check the license (Ent +) - but I don't think you could add it if not as an integrated backup target.
Unix3
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Unix3 »

Thank you Rick!
The job is a new job, I've configured the entire system from scretch.
I've alreday tried to rescan Repository, Server and so on, but didn't fix the problem
I think the licence I have is compliant with the solution, How can check this?

Thanks a lot,
Unix3
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If it is a regular VM backup job, it should list StoreOnce in any case. I recommend asking our support to take a closer look.