Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
scouttg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scout TG

Cannot Submit Support Case (403 Access Denied)

Post by scouttg »

I am unable to open any support cases. Once logged into my.veeam.com clicking on Submit A Ticket or Open My Case results in an error:

Access denied.

Looks like you don't have enough permissions to check our stealth-mode project. Please contact us for credentials.

Contact us just opens my default mail app with no To email and I have no other means of opening a ticket.

Hopefully this can get to someone that can help.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Cannot Submit Support Case (403 Access Denied)

Post by Mildur »

Hi Scout

It works from my side.
I'll check with someone from support and let you know.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Scout

We checked. It seems, that you are not allowed to open and view cases for this license. Your license administrator must make your account a case administrator first. Please login as the license administrator and follow our KB2211 to make your account a case administrator: https://www.veeam.com/kb2211

I will send you the mail address of the license administrator from your company in a private message.

Thanks,
Fabian
killandrium
Lurker
Full Name: Eduard Renner

Post by killandrium »

I'm having the same issue, but in my case it happens to when using my actual licensing administrator.
I can't open either my account page nor create a case...

#MOD: Mail Address removed
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur » 2 people like this post

@killandrium
I'll answer you in a private message.

Best,
Fabian
mbauret
Lurker
Full Name: Mario Bauret Español

Post by mbauret »

Hi Fabian

Last week we could access my account without problems, but since yesterday we can't access it. Now the error appears:

403 Access denied.

Looks like you don't have enough permissions to check our stealth-mode project. Please contact us for credentials.

can you help us?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mario

Please send me a private message here in the forum with the mail address of your account.

Best,
Fabian
klps
Lurker

Post by klps »

We are in the same position, cannot apply any security patches or upgrade to v12 as our portal gives us a 403 error. Have reached out to multiple Veeam contacts by email who've said they would create a ticket but have not heard anything or been able to get any further response. It's now been months. It does not allow me to PM you Fabian as our account here is too new.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

For those having this issue, this is likely due to your account marked as "No Longer With Company" in Veeam systems. This change is made by the Veeam sales rep assigned to the account, based on the information received from one of your colleagues.
LTS-John
Novice

[MERGED] Had to reactivate Veeam account, getting 403 errors.

Post by LTS-John »

*I cannot open a case because our client's Veeam account was disabled and had its permissions removed without our approval or any notice to us, hence this post*

We're the MSP/reseller, client is having an issue with Veeam. Since you guys don't allow initiation of support tickets via phone anymore, went to log in to the client's Veeam account and was told it's disabled. Initiated a pw reset which reactivated the account, but now getting a 403 error on every page in the portal and the "contact us" hyperlink is a mailto: but with no address.

How does a client's account, that has an active Veeam subscription, get deactivated and also have its permissions on its own licensing/products stripped?

How do I get this fixed so I can get our client's Veeam working again? The email I'm using for this forum account, is the same email tied to our client's Veeam account.

By the way...the refusal to take support calls, the above issues, the overly aggressive account/sales reps over the last year...all reasons why we're phasing Veeam out in favor of another solution. Such a shame after so many years of being a great product and vendor.
LTS-John
Novice

Post by LTS-John »

5+ hours and counting since I first tried to post for help regarding this issue. You won't let me call without a case number, I can't generate a case number because I can't get in to portal, so here I am.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

As explained above, the solution is to mark the Veeam account appropriately to be able to access the Customer Portal on behalf of the particular licensee. For security considerations this operation cannot be done by some random person at Veeam and based on his/her judgement alone, because Customer Portal gives access to a whole bunch of sensitive stuff (existing support cases, licenses, etc.)

Normally, you should contact your Veeam sales rep to initiate the change. Who in turn needs to get an authorization from someone at the company that purchased the license. I don't know all details of the process as this is not an R&D "kitchen" in the first place but in the end, we're talking about editing ACL on a sensitive resouce!

I understand you're upset but just step back for a moment, look at the situation as an IT pro and considering security implication of giving access to the Customer Portal's content to some random person without obtaining prior approval directly from the licensee.
LTS-John
Novice

Post by LTS-John »

You guys wouldn't have posts like this on the forum if you allowed us to go back to calling in for support, especially when our Veeam accounts don't work to let us create tickets in the portal. You should "R&D" going back to a support process that isn't an absolute dumpster fire for us to use. Too late for this MSP, though. The decision has been made to stop reselling Veeam products as of today.

I managed to track down old emails from who I think is the account manager for this particular client, so I guess I'll now try to get them to help.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

LTS-John wrote: Aug 01, 2023 8:18 pmYou guys wouldn't have posts like this on the forum if you allowed us to go back to calling in for support, especially when our Veeam accounts don't work to let us create tickets in the portal.
Just so we're perfectly clear, you do NOT need to be calling Support in such situations. Support cannot help you as they also don't have rights to make the required changes/authorizations in the customer database. Nor are they allowed to work with a non-authorized person in the first place, be it via email or phone, as ultimately this may be a social engineering case with someone trying to get sensitive information on the Licensee's environment.

So in a hypothetical situation, even if you managed to contact Support somehow, they would only be able direct you to your Sales rep (this was explained to me literally 5 min ago, so I'm learning with you here).

This is why you need to start from contacting your Veeam sales rep - and our Sales phone line does not have any restrictions in terms of who can call in.