Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Teddox
Lurker
Liked: never

Cant replicate / backups VM's

Post by Teddox »

Just trialing Backup and Replicator 4.1.2 with our vSphere 4.x hosts and having trouble getting it to work. Whenever it starts to snapshot a VM is fails with the error below...

Creating snapshot
CreateSnapshot failed, vmRef "vm-3730", timeout "1800000", snName "VEEAM BACKUP TEMPORARY SNAPSHOT", snDescription "Please do not delete this snapshot. It is being used by Veeam Backup.", memory "False", quiesce "True"
Permission to perform this operation was denied.

The VM is a Windows 2003 VM
It is going from on host to another - local storage no SAN etc.

Any idea what could be the issue?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cant replicate / backups VM's

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Rob,

First of all, please make sure you're able to snapshot this VM manually using vSphere Client. Secondly, I would check that the account you're using to connect to vCenter/ESX host in the Veeam console has sufficient permissions to create snapshots.

Thank you!
Teddox
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Teddox »

I can create snapshots manually. For the user I have a generic local account and provided the root access. I can browse the local storage of the hosts so I assume all is correct? Is there something I can do to test?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Could you please clarify if you're using vCenter Server connection to backup this VM? If this is the case, please open vCenter Server connection settings in the backup console and specify the same user that was used to snapshot the Win2003 VM manually using vSphere Client, should help.