Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
irix
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Joerg Behrens

Cant select Datastore for Lab,Restore or Replication in V8p2

Post by irix »

Hello,
installed a Veeam 8 together with Patch2 within a fresh Windows 2012R2 Datacenter VM and after adding the vSphere infrastructure and setting up some test Jobs i have a problem when ever i need to select a Datastore.
It doesnt matter if i trying to setup a Lap, Replication Job or a VM Recovery. As soon as opens the Windows for Select a Datastore and clicking on the ESXi host entry to expand the view the gui freezed and CPU goes up to 100% for a single core. Taskmanager display Veeam.Backup.Shell as inactive and i need to kill the process. If i use the search i can get a No result when searching for non existing datastore and as soon as specify one which exists i got the same problem but with less CPU load. Pressing the Cancel Button for the search crashing the whole VeeamBR GUI :(

- We have local and SAN (iSCSI) based datastores. The later are all managed in 2 vSphere Datastore clusters
- A host with local datastores only is also effected
- For a Replication Job the target datastore field is prefilled with the one and only NFS datastore we have around

The above only happens when working with our vCenter 5.5.0 Build-2183111 infrastructure which use the Datastore Clusters. We have a 2n. vCenter connect to VBR which is 5.5.0 Build-1750787 without Datastore Clusters and there it works without any problems.

Have not seen this on our Windows 2008R2/Veeam7 Installationen.

Screeshot

Regards,
Joerg
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cant select Datastore for Lab,Restore or Replication in

Post by foggy »

Joerg, please contact technical support with this issue.
irix
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Joerg Behrens

Post by irix » 2 people like this post

Veeam Support provides 8.0.0.2029 as Hotfix which solves my Problems.

As a site note i will report that selecting a Datastore Cluster as a target a warning will be displayed that only 0.0kb freespace exists which is not the true.

Regards,
Joerg
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Joerg, thanks a lot for getting back to update the topic with the resolution!