Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frit0
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Jimenez

Certificates backups

Post by frit0 »

Good morning,

I want to know how is working and how is done the backups with the certificates.

I though the backups was done with certificate. Are there any info about it?

For example if any body have acces to the backups done before, Can they restore in other Veeam B & R with out problems? That backups doesn't have any certificate?

Or other example, if we lost the veeam server but we have all backups in other reource, can we install a new veeam and restore the backups from the new veeam? Are there any type of certificate if we dont have is not possible to restore?

I hope I explained well.

Thanks a lot
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Certificates backups

Post by Mildur » 2 people like this post

Hi Robert
I though the backups was done with certificate. Are there any info about it?
I assume, you are talking about backup encryption?
--> Data Encryption

To encrypt the backup files, you must enable encryption in the backup job settings and provide a password .
--> Encrypted Objects
Or other example, if we lost the veeam server but we have all backups in other reource, can we install a new veeam and restore the backups from the new veeam? Are there any type of certificate if we dont have is not possible to restore?
If you loose the Veeam server, you can import the backup files to the second Veeam server. You need the same password to decrypt the content of the backup on the second Veeam server. --> Decrypting Data with Password

I recommend to install Veeam enterprise manager to use password loss protection. If you loose your password, Veeam Enterprise Manager is the only way to decrypt the backup files.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
frit0
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Jimenez

Re: Certificates backups

Post by frit0 »

Thanks a lot that we wanted.