Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
athome
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Anders Thome

Change default Application processing settings

Post by athome »

Hi!

Any way to change the default behaviour on vms, when enabling applications aware on a job?

If I for instance have a job with 20 vms.. And preferably I want to have application processing for them, but I do not want it to fail if veeam is unable to log in to them. Instead I want it to take an "crash constistent" backup of those vms.. as it is now I have to go to advanced for this job and manully edit the processing settings for each of those 20 vms..

A
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Change default Application processing settings

Post by foggy »

Anders, you could use containers (such as folders or resource pools) to select VMs for backup in your job, instead of individual VMs. Thus you will be able to define those settings for the whole container. Thanks.
athome
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Anders Thome

Post by athome »

True.. I could do that.. the problem with folders.. is that a vm can only be member of one folder.. VMware should use tags instead ;-)

But a feature in veeam to be able to select more than one vm (by holding shift or ctrl while selecting) and edit settings for more then one vm whould be very nice-

A
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

athome wrote:But a feature in veeam to be able to select more than one vm (by holding shift or ctrl while selecting) and edit settings for more then one vm whould be very nice-
Thanks for the feedback.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

You can use PowerShell to loop through the objects and make the changes, but I agree that a GUI option to set defaults would be nice.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

OK, with Veeam Backup version 9 is there anyway to permanently alter the default AAPS ?
As setting up a large number of jobs for a client, the majority of which don't want the system default of log truncation.
So have to remember to go and change on each and every job...
Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

So, inside those jobs there are several SQL and Exchange servers for which customer doesn't want to truncate logs using VB&R means? In that case, you will have to create a PS script to make jobs perform copy only activity.

If you need an assistance with scripting, feel free to create a separate topic in the PS subforum.

Thanks.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Yes, they have SQL DBAs with an established system for database backups, log backups, etc, which they don't want to change.
OK, I'll look into scripting the job creation process. Thanks