Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davis157
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike

Change repository for backup job

Post by davis157 »

We have several backup jobs configured to use a repository which has died. We want to use a different (already existing) repository. It's a given that when the job is reconfigured with the alternative repository, the first thing that will happen upon scheduling is to create a full backup. Could you please enlighten me as to the steps necessary? I tried the obvious of just changing the repository in the backup job, but I get a pop-up telling me I need to move the files, first. (I can't do this because the repository where the files used to exist is no more.) Or do I have to recreate the backup job from scratch? (I'd prefer not to, in order to preserve other settings already defined in the job.) We're running VBR v9.5 update 2 and the VMs are Hyper-V, in case that matters.

Thanks,
Mike
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Change repository for backup job

Post by veremin »

Am I right that backups pointed to that repository are also lost? If so, remove them from configuration, so that no references to the old repository exist, and change repository in backup job settings. Thanks.
davis157
Influencer
Full Name: Mike

Post by davis157 »

I was overlooking the "Backups" section under "Backup & Replication", and failing to find those "Remove" options for Jobs->Backup. It's all good now, and the backup jobs have been reconfigured for the alternative repository.

Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Good to know, if you come across other issues, don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks.
Paxx
Novice

Post by Paxx »

I have opened a case they give me a solution, it looks like some brilliant mind in Veeam have decided to hide this option (and not the "Delete from disk") so you can see only holding the "ctrl" button:

1.Disable Backup.

2. Navigate to Backups>Cloud and select the backup set in question

3. HOLD down CTRL button on your keyboard and right click on the backup set at the same time (DO NOT let GO off ctrl) and Remove from Configuration => This will remove the records of this backup from the list.

After that, you will be able to change the repository for the backup Job to the new Datastore.