Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
somoa
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Changing a Backup repository to Scale-Out

Post by somoa »

Hi

We have all our backup jobs going to a normal backup repository. The jobs we have running as VMware backup, Replication, Tape, Surebackup and bacckup copy.

If I covert this repository for a trial AWS run to scale-out will it cause me any issues with current jobs?

Am I able to change it back to normal after trial is over?

Have also been wondering if it would be better to make a new repository for this trial and do a backup copy into it instead.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Changing a Backup repository to Scale-Out

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
If I covert this repository for a trial AWS run to scale-out will it cause me any issues with current jobs?
it just works. it will ask you whether all jobs should be converted and that's it.
Am I able to change it back to normal after trial is over?
I'm not sure what you mean. But community edition does not support scale-out repositories. So you will run into issues once you switch to scale-out repositories.
Have also been wondering if it would be better to make a new repository for this trial and do a backup copy into it instead.
whatever you prefer. I mean, it takes a few minutes. Faster than waiting for an answer on the forum (although you did not even wait an hour :-))

Best regards,
Hannes