Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cladmonitor
Novice
Liked: never

Changing from Periodic to Immediate & Rotated Media

Post by cladmonitor »

I'm having a few issues and cant tell really if these are known or not:

First has v10 dumped the ability to use the "ForceDeleteBackupFiles" reg dword, the KB doesn't say "v10" uses it but when v9.5 was released we had the same question and it took about 9 months for somone to update the article (I have flagged it twice for clarification but still has not gotten an update). I did try to open a support case back in March about this but frankly the tech really gave me the run around chasing inconsequential log errors without saying it was supported to not so we went back to not using it and now are regretting it. I really just want a simple yes or no. If it does work is it possibly just an issue with "Immediate" mode as thats where we are seeing the issue?

Specifically when the rotated Drives swapped it creates a new root folder with a _1 _2 _3 ect appended and runs the media out of space. I'm testing it next with with a value of 5 vs 3 to see if there is any change in behavior.

Second, I'd like to convert from periodic copy jobs to immediate but the VMs in questions are over WAN connections and several TBs so I'd really rather not have to re-sync. When I tried to Map to the existing job data it does not list them under the repository. I does seem that the file structure is very much different not sure if there is some hand massaging that can be done.

Thanks in advance!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Changing from Periodic to Immediate & Rotated Media

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I cannot really follow what you are asking for. I try to answer by guessing.

1) it is not possible to change from periodic backup copy to immediate backup copy job. there are several discussions on that in the forum. we optimized some background operations for immediate mode, so it is not compatible with periodic mode

2) are you using a Windows repository? If yes, then chances are high, that you do not need the key https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/ba ... s_hiw.html

3) can you please post the case number(s) about the ForceDeleteBackupFiles topic?

Thanks,
Hannes
cladmonitor
Novice
Liked: never

Post by cladmonitor »

1) Thanks

2) I'm not trying to be rude I really just want to know, does the reg key work or not on v10.

3) 04095376
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

thanks and no problem. I'll talk to support and check whether the KB needs an update.
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

ForceDeleteBackupFiles is also valid for V10. I asked support to update the KB article.