Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cdlane
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Chris Lane

Cloud Connect Issues

Post by cdlane »

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could have some insight in on the following please?

Having used Veeam for a number of months now we had an issue with a Cloud Connect job. A particular server was failing to send it's restore point to the service providers infrastructure. After looking at it for over a week they determined the whole lot needed wiping as it had never been right from the outset and had we needed to restore from the offsite backup then we would have been sorely disappointed! So, with an empty offsite repository, I have started the Cloud Connect job and (understandably) 1.7TB is going to take a while. I have noticed that when the onsite backup runs the Cloud Connect job pauses whilst the onsite does it's thing. Also as 24 hours spins around the job ends and restarts but that's has left a couple of servers with a restore point as Type: Full, Status: Incomplete. The following entry (24 hours later) then says Type: Incremental, Status: OK.

So my question; Are these backups OK or are they corrupted somehow? Is an incomplete Full acceptable as long as it is followed by an OK incremental?

Thanks for any advice!

Chris
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cloud Connect Issues

Post by foggy »

Chris, it is expected behavior in case backup copy job isn't able to copy all the required data within the specified sync interval (or in case of connection drops as well). It resumes data transfer during the next interval, copying all the blocks required to build the new restore point corresponding to the VM latest state. Previous restore point is left in incomplete state, since it doesn't contain all VM's data.
cdlane
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Chris Lane

Re: Cloud Connect Issues

Post by cdlane »

Fantastic, many thanks for the quick response.

Best regards,

Chris