Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mattbrown80
Service Provider
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Matt Brown

Cloud Connect Provider - SSL Certificate Renewal

Post by mattbrown80 »

Hi All

Is there a document that provides detail on how a Cloud Connect provider should handle renewing their Cloud Connect SSL certificate? I have renewed my certificate - but after I change it all existing jobs fail with an error "the cloud gateway is unavailable".

The only way I can make the jobs work is to remove the existing service provider and re-add it (which I presume updates the cached certificate on the client side)

This doesn't scale well when we have over 50 clients and hundreds of jobs. Is there a better way?

I have opened a case w/ Veeam support (Case Number 01086939) but thought I'd post here to see if any other providers have encountered this problem.

Thanks
benphelan
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Phelan

Re: Cloud Connect Provider - SSL Certificate Renewal

Post by benphelan »

I had the same issue pop up. Now creating a new Cloud Connect provider requires a reseed. as you said, it's not very scalable.

Please let me know how you go with your case. I will open one also, and see what comes of it.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Cloud Connect Provider - SSL Certificate Renewal

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi, this is discussed in the dedicated private forum for service providers. This topic will be moved there too, so please apply to Veeam Cloud Providers group using User Control Panel to be able to follow it. Thanks!