Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hmusa
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Moy

Cloud Feature Requests

Post by hmusa »

1) Reverse Incremental compatibility. I see that block-level awareness is experimental - is it production-worthy? Anyone tried with success? Recommended use scenarios? This would be huge for obvious reasons of data transfer costs.

2) Increase the bandwidth throttling options to greater than 1000 KByte/s. With municipal fiber, I could make use of 2000, 3000, 4000 and stops there only because it's the fastest our current firewall will process. Considering the business aim, maybe this should be a MByte/s unit.

Pardon me if I failed to find other posts or places to post this. I've been running an Amazon EC2 Instance and doing backup copies to it with good results. Looking at adding another EBS 1-TB chunk and it's starting to get expensive, so I thought I'd look at S3 or Glacier so am now getting my feet wet with the Cloud Edition. Thanks!
hmusa
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Moy

Re: Cloud Feature Requests

Post by hmusa »

Just realized that the menu choices for max bandwidth may appear limiting but one can actually type in a desired number. So partially, nevermind on 2).

thx
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Cloud Feature Requests

Post by veremin »

I see that block-level awareness is experimental - is it production-worthy? Anyone tried with success? Recommended use scenarios?
The said functionality is still in experimental stage. So, please, use it cautiously. This feature is recommended for those who have reversed incremental mode in place. If you enable both this option and previous naming convention, only block level changes will be transferred to the target cloud, not the full backup.

For now, it's still better to utilize forward incremental mode with CE, instead of reversed incremental one.

Thanks.