Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
WinstonWolf
Veteran
Liked: 11 times

[MERGED] : Error in SQL Transaction Log Backup

Post by WinstonWolf »

Hello ,

I have an Error when i want to backup the SQL Server Transaction Logs :

"Collected SQL Server transaction logs do not match any existing database backup"

What means this error ?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Collected transaction logs do not match any existing ful

Post by veremin »

Your post has been merged into existing discussion. Check the answers provided above and open a ticket, if further help is needed. Thanks.
WinstonWolf
Veteran
Liked: 11 times

Post by WinstonWolf »

Ok ,

What is the Solution for this Error ?
In other Forums there is a Link to the SOLVED Answer . All of the Posts before has no solutions for this Error .
I find it very Strange that so many Customers has this Error but Veeam has no Solution for This ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The reason is that this error can be a result of different issues and to effectively investigate what particular issue you're seeing, you should contact technical support and provide logs for review. Some of the issues that could cause this message were already addressed in the Veeam B&R v9, some have hotfixes, so I strongly recommend opening a case.
fraack
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Post by fraack »

Hi Folks,

I have the same issue for one of `my customers SQL Servers. He opened a case (02184371) but it came to no result. He is running a SQL Server with 48 databases. 50% of db´s are in simple recovery mode, so Veeam should actually skip the transaction log processing and exclude these db´s. When we review the job report it seems to work in detail for every sindle DB as it is designed. Some are excluded and some are protected in detail like desired. But the job summary in total is failed because of a missing db full.

When I review the db settings in SQL server itself there is a time stamp set for the last full backup that Veeam did. So it seems that everything works absolutely like designed in this environment but the customer receives a worng report. There is no other maintainence task or apllication running against this SQL server.

I also double checked the Guest Helper logs on SQL server. There are no issues.

Does somebody has an idea why we receive a failed email report wehen everthing is fine?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Florian, this doesn't look expected, so I've asked QA to check. You can also continue investigating with your support engineer, as far as I can see from the case notes, you didn't reply to his latest requests. Thanks.
fraack
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Post by fraack »

Hi Foggy,

thanks for your reply. The customer stopped the communication because of illness. If you get feedback from QA I would be glad if you could let me know. Otherwise I will discuss with the customer to investigate a bit more detail with your tech support.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

QA have checked but didn't see anything unexpected, the report contained valid information. So I'd recommend to continue working with support in case the issue still exists.
MrMegaVadim
Novice
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Vadim

Re: Collected transaction logs do not match any existing full da

Post by MrMegaVadim » 2 people like this post

The same thing happens when you backup Principal and mirror SQL server OR two or more members of same SQL avaliability group.
1. Server A is backed up - logs are truncated
2. Server B is backed up - logs do not match anymore with state left after last incremental backup of server B. Logs are backed up and truncated with warning that they don’t match with las backup
3. Next cycle when server A is backed up - same thing happens as logs ware truncated by server B before, so they do not match anymore with last server A incremental backup

SOLUTION:
1. Set a different job and set only that 1 server (mirror or 1 of AG members) to execute SQL log backups

IF LIKE ME, in same availability group servers you have DB configured for Always On and others DB do not, so you have to backup all servers anyway you must :

2. On the Veeam backup and replication server exclude those DB that are configure for Always On to be backed up from all SQL servers except ONE server (step 1 in solution)
How to exclude:
https://www.veeam.com/kb2104

Hope that helps