Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Wad4iPod
Enthusiast
Liked: never

ConnectWise Automate (Formerly LabTech) - Veeam Failure Notifications

Post by Wad4iPod »

Greetings,
We deploy ConnectWise Automate for RMM. We often receive VEEAM alerts related to initial backup job failures, copy job time windows ended, etc. Basically, errors that will retry and succeed.

I believe the Automate Agents reads the error from the Windows event log. I am not 100% on this.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to manage the Veeam BUR error alerting process so that a failure occurs twice (such as retry) console before entering the log entry.

Better yet, anyone found a way to get ConnectWise Automate (ex Labtech) to auto heal VEEAM alerts as applicable?

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: ConnectWise Automate (Formerly LabTech) - Veeam Failure Notifications

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,
Wad4iPod wrote:I believe the Automate Agents reads the error from the Windows event log. I am not 100% on this.
Mostly yes, but it depends on the type of monitor (internal or remote).
Wad4iPod wrote:I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to manage the Veeam BUR error alerting process so that a failure occurs twice (such as retry) console before entering the log entry.
Do you use a vanilla ConnectWise Automate deployment or in conjunction with Veeam Service Provider Console?
Wad4iPod wrote:Better yet, anyone found a way to get ConnectWise Automate (ex Labtech) to auto heal VEEAM alerts as applicable?
Did you create your own monitors in Automate?

Thanks!

P.S. I see that you're using ConnectWise Automate, so you must be a service provider, however, your business email does not match any service provider we have. This matching is required to add you to the dedicated service provider forums (hidden from regular users).
Wad4iPod
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by Wad4iPod »

Hi Vitaliy.
We use a Veeam plug-in to remote monitor (via the Automate Agent). We do not use the Veeam Service Provider Console.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ah... then you're using the old (deprecated) plugin for Veeam Backup & Replication which was replaced with the Veeam Service Provider Console. Yes, you're right that Automate monitors are based on the Windows event log, and there is no way to filter out retries in the plugin right now.