Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
scottf99
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Scott

Convert backups

Post by scottf99 »

Hi
I have Veeam running on ESXi5.5. I have one repository with reverse incrementals backups configured. I set the "Restore points to keep on disk" to 365 and I so far have about 90 points.

I want to change my strategy. I want to keep 50 reverse incrementals on this repository and Ill setup another repository and do a Backup Copy job to that (and either just keep points or do the GFS plan).

Now if I start this now Ill end up with 90 on the first repository and the backup copy will work as I want. What I want to do is move the oldest 40 points from the primary to the backup copy repository and change the point to keep on primary to 50. Is this possible?

Cheers
Scott
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Convert backups

Post by foggy »

Hello, Scott. You cannot have those older 40 restore points to make a valid backup copy job chain. You can, of course, copy them for being temporarily stored in another location until the backup copy job reaches the required number of restore points.