Copy job help

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Copy job help

Veeam Logoby kubimike » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi guys, ran into an issue with tape backups taking way too long. I want to do a copy job to USB but I want it to be a full created from the files already in my repository. Then after, I want to move that data from USB to tape. Could someone point out an easy way to achieve that ?

It looks like the issue is copy jobs can't create synthetic fulls ? I'd have to create a brand new regular job and have the data saved to USB?
kubimike
Expert

Liked: 22 times
Full Name: MikeO

Re: Copy job help

Veeam Logoby kubimike » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 am

Ok read up some more. If I do a copy job I can set the restore point to '2' that should accomplish that I want. Question though if I add a USB as a repository and not flag it as a rotating drive will that be an issue ? I don't want plan on removing it and I see rotating media treats retention polices differently. Basically this will just be a launch point for my tape jobs. I'll set a tape job to backup a repository. In this case the USB
kubimike
Expert

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm

No reason to enable rotated drives if you're not rotating them.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1060 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby kubimike » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm

thanks
kubimike
Expert

Veeam Logoby kubimike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Followup question, why does this backup copy job say CBT enabled?? I ticked the option "Read the entire restore point from source backup" not sure if this makes a difference in my question. Also interesting to see that it mentions "Network" and "Proxy". Why would those calculations even show up copying from repo to USB directly ?

Also for those interested the speed you're seeing is to USB 3.0. This is Western Digitals DUO 16 TB loaded with their 'RED' drives in RAID 0

kubimike
Expert

Veeam Logoby kubimike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:28 pm

nobody knows?! :)
kubimike
Expert

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication