Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dontmind
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Hans Wurst

[automated] Copying Backups from Cloud Repositories

Post by dontmind »

Hello, I´m looking for a solution to perform automated copys of backups from a cloud repository.

This procedure should run automatically:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Of course I´ve already used the search function... but no matches... there is a comparable question but without an solution:
vmware-vsphere-f24/copy-from-cloud-repo ... 40957.html

Does anyone have an idea how my requirement can be solved?

Thanks in advance!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: [aumatized] Copying Backups from Cloud Repositories

Post by veremin »

Are you a service provider? If so, please, apply to Veeam Cloud Provider group, using User Group settings in the User Control Panel. This is needed to get access to dedicated cloud providers' forum where similar questions are discussed.

Also, can you shed some light on the requirement behind regular automated copy of backup files stored in cloud repository?

Thanks!
dontmind
Novice

Re: [automated] Copying Backups from Cloud Repositories

Post by dontmind »

We are using in our VBR onPrem envirement an cloud repository provided from our service provider to drop copys from onPrem on it.
In addition, on the same repository are backups of vm systems at the service provider stored... these backups should now be automatically copied to onPrem for security reasons.

Regards!
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether I got the last portion regarding VM systems. Are you saying that there are some backups created by service provider that he puts into your cloud repository regularly and you want to automatically copy them to your infrastructure? Thanks!
dontmind
Novice

Post by dontmind »

Yes, exactly.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Currently this process cannot be scripted with Veeam Backup & Replication PowerShell, but we will track this requirement for future product versions.

Can you elaborate on the exact scenario: what Service Provider is doing and with what particular workloads? Does he have some of your Virtual Machines running inside his virtual infrastructure? This should help us to justify the implementation of the feature in future R&D discussions.

Thanks!