Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Delo123
Veteran
Liked: 109 times
Full Name: Guido Meijers

Re: Corrupted Files on Win2016 Deduplication

Post by Delo123 »

Sigh... this really seems like a case for inspector Columbo, I hope support is getting anywhere with this for you guys...
Ctek
Service Provider
Liked: 13 times

Post by Ctek » 1 person likes this post

I really hope Microsoft gets their stuff together soon with W2016 Deduplication, it's been riddled with issues from the start.
VMCE
diegoazevedo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Diego Azevedo

Post by diegoazevedo »

I have been following this discussing for sometime now, as I am also facing this issue.

We have one scale out repository with two extents, coming from Windows 2016 servers with dedup enabled. All MS/Veeam patches applied, even the recently released Update 2 for Veeam 9.5.

The scale out repository is configured to use per-VM backup files. Windows Deduplication configued

There are two backup jobs configured in the environment, and at least once a fortnight there will a couple of VMs failing with "storage metadata corrupted" errors. The only way around it is to delete the affected VM from configuration/disk and start a new chain. But sometimes all VMs in the job will fail, and as such I have to start the chain from scratch. Very annoying and disappointing. :cry:
mih
Novice
Liked: never

Post by mih »