baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

Corrupted vib files and use other restore points

Post by baber »

Dear all
Hi

1- I have created a forever forward incremental backup with 3 retention policy now want to know if my second restore point get succeed due to backup job and not meet any error but after one day this file for any reason corrupt now want to know other incremental backup after this vib file will be corrupt or are without problem ?

2 - other question is if after one week my second inc backup delete from repository is that possible restore to 3rd restore point or all of backups will be corrupt?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Corrupted vib files and use other restore points

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
1: you can only restore things that do not rely on corrupted data. With a forward incremental chain: you cannot restore anything newer than the corrupted file

2: I will not go down that way ;-) (see my answer above) The answer is clear: do not do any manual modifications on the backup chain. Yes, we named them in a human readable format. But that does not mean that you can just delete there as you like. Keep in mind that incrementals rely on each other. To delete backups: only use "shorter retention" settings or the "delete backups" button in the UI.

Best regards,
Hannes