Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cmoody
Influencer
Liked: never

Creating Virtual Lab

Post by cmoody »

OK - so I'm trying to create a virtual lab for SureBackup but it keeps failing.

I have opened a support ticket and it has supposedly been escalated but I still have not heard from anyone. Where is technical support? How many days before they respond?

Forum moderator - please do not reject my post. I have seen other posts with similar issues and statements about technical support, but they get posted.

Thanks,

Charles
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2760 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Creating Virtual Lab

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Charles. The response time depends on the support contract you have. What is your support case number?
cmoody
Influencer

Post by cmoody »

case #: 5131146
cmoody
Influencer

Post by cmoody »

Veeam is running on a server with 3 network cards. 1 connects to LAN with vCenter server and the other 2 connect to iSCSI isolated network.

I noticed in the logs that it keeps trying to use one of the iSCSI IP addresses. The iSCSI network interface cards do not have a gateway defined and do not register with DNS.

Charles
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6942 times

Post by Gostev »

cmoody wrote:Forum moderator - please do not reject my post. I have seen other posts with similar issues and statements about technical support, but they get posted.
Other posts did not brake forum rules.

You must follow rules of posting technical support issues provided when you click New Topic to make sure your post is not rejected or deleted. For example, this post does not include support case ID (which is mandatory when posting about a technical issue) and thus should have been rejected, but it survived only thanks to Vitaly. And your previous (disapproved) post even had whole page of debug logs posted, which is also strictly prohibited.

Please respect the rules of this community, they are not that hard to follow, and you cannot really miss them when creating new topic. If you keep braking them, it won't really help you get your problem solved.

Thanks for understanding.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

cmoody wrote:I have opened a support ticket and it has supposedly been escalated but I still have not heard from anyone. Where is technical support? How many days before they respond?
OK, I've looked up your support case, and I am not sure why you are implying that:
1. You still have not heard from anyone (when you have received 2 responses BEFORE you created this topic)
2. You have not heard from them for days (when you first opened the support case just 20 hours ago)

I appreciate that you may be frustrated, but let's not make things look worse than they really are.

I can see that you have Standard support agreement, according to our support policy, Standard support is only provided during business hours (as defined in the above referenced document). Since it is Friday night, based on your support level and your support case severity, your escalation will only be processed next week.

Thanks.
cmoody
Influencer

Post by cmoody »

Thanks for the response.

Yes I'm frustrated. If it is indeed Friday night then what time zone is technical support? I must have missed this in the support policy.

Charles
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

We have a few support teams both in US and EMEA, so we actually cover many time zones. Because of that, as you can see from this document, business hours are defined pretty wide.

However, escalation engineers and development are located in EMEA, so if you support case requires escalation, then it has to wait for EMEA business hours for those folks to be available.

Thanks.
cmoody
Influencer

Post by cmoody »

So here is the big take away:

1. Make sure you specify the right severity. I thought I selected the correct one, but learned that I did not.
2. For anyone else who may run into problems creating a Virtual Lab. Here is one thing to try
Restart VMware Management Agents on your esxi server (straight from Veeam Technical Support)
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micros ... Id=1003490
3. Some times when your to close to a problem you just need some one to get you to step back from the one tree you are looking at to see the forest.

So thank you Veeam and thank you forums ;)

Charles