ndolson wrote:We had a very similar problem after upgrading to v9 - I believe we were one of the first support tickets on this issue with EMC. Something did indeed change with the way Veeam was marking data in v9. It resulted in our "pre compressed bytes sent" value on mtree replication to bloat incredibly - something like a petabyte needed to be sent before the appliances would be in sync, which would never happen over a 1 Gb link. Given the size of our environment, it'd have been mathematically impossible to have that volume of data to replicate. Unfortunately, our only option for quick resolution was to wipe the file system on our remote DD appliance, bring it back to our primary site, and perform a collection replication to resync locally. There were some new settings in the backup jobs that weren't present prior to v9 that Veeam recommended we have enabled, which EMC said the opposite was true and those should *not* be enabled. I don't recall specifically what those were, but our EMC SR# was 80283034 and the Veeam SR# was 01802332 and you may be able to reference those cases for details. About a day after EMC recommended we change our job settings to THEIR best practices, the Veeam "best practices" article was updated to reflect. This was a huge PITA for us, hopefully you can find a resolution that doesn't involve dropping your remote DD's data. I'm still a little salty about it.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Samirang and 53 guests