Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ekisner
Expert
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Datastore Replication - Proxies?

Post by ekisner »

I have my jobs set up by datastore... very convenient - especially since when I add a new VM, it picks it up automagically.

Unfortunately, that will sometimes include the proxy with a disk mounted on a source datastore... meaning that sometimes, one of the jobs will not dismount the disk correctly from the proxy, and then on the next go-around the proxy is now "part of" that datastore and it is automatically selected as a VM to replicate.

The end result is a halfways closed snapshot - it's a consolidate helper. In order to actually remove, one must dismount the disk from the proxy (edit settings -> remove -> don't delete) and then assuming the consolidate helper shows up, removing. Otherwise, create a new snap and you'll see it nested under the consolidate - then the removal works fine.

Not posting for assistance, I have external tracking on my snapshots that lets me deal with the issue quickly, and if I really got tired of it I could manually target my jobs.

Just posting to the project team, for their next bug release. If you would like job logs, let me know and next time it happens (happens probably 2 times a week) I can ship those off.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Datastore Replication - Proxies?

Post by Gostev »

Hi, what version you are running?
ekisner
Expert

Post by ekisner »

Hi, version 6.1.0.181.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, please open a support case and submit all logs when this happens next time.
ekisner
Expert

Post by ekisner »

Okay, will do :) thanks.