Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sconley
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sean Conley

Defragment and compact full backup schedule

Post by sconley »

I have our backup jobs set to perform a monthly defragment and compact job, however the jobs do not seem to honor this schedule. For example, I have one job that was set for this past Friday and in looking at the job logs it did not occur. In looking at the job history the last time this was performed was on July 28th, which was a Saturday. This is odd because the job is specifically scheduled for the fourth Friday of the month. All of my backup jobs are exhibiting the same behavior. Is this normal behavior?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Defragment and compact full backup schedule

Post by foggy »

Hi Sean, did the job actually run on that day? What backup method is configured for this job? Also please review the existing limitations that may apply. Thanks.
sconley
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sean Conley

Post by sconley »

The job did run that day. In fact, it did a compact last night for some odd reason even given that the schedule is monthly on the fourth Friday of the month. All my backup jobs are forever incremental and exhibit and seem to exhibit the same behavior and none of the limitations apply to this job (no synthetic fulls, etc.)
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The fact it did compact on July 28th and last night (which was also 28th) looks strange, please contact technical support for a closer look.