Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pirx
Veteran
Liked: 72 times

delayed VBR Console refresh

Post by pirx »

One more after 11a update...

My colleague and me both noticed that the displayed content in Console has a large delay now. Even if I change to a different section I sometimes have to press F5 to see the current status (Jobs, History...). My colleague even had outdated information in the Running Job view after restarting Console until pressing F5. The number for "Running" on left side was 2 but on the side with all the jobs it was still much more.

Before I open next case, is this already a known issue? I found something about general Console performance issues in v11, but Console is smooth, just content is not refreshed as before.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: delayed VBR Console refresh

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

I don't think it's a known issue. Most probably support will need to check debug logs and to profile the Console process to determine performance "hot spots". Usually, it's related to database performance, for example a specific SQL stored procedure takes too much time. Anyway, I'd prefer to avoid guessing the root cause and let our engineers to investigate the issue. Please don't forget to share a support case ID.

Thanks!
pirx
Veteran

Post by pirx » 1 person likes this post

Case #05079456
pirx
Veteran

Post by pirx » 1 person likes this post

Already received feedback.
We are aware of this "Code defect". There is not much I can add right now, as this is still being analyzed by our developers.
The only workaround that exists is the manual Refresh with "F5" that you are already applying.
GenDev
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

[MERGED] Jobs showing as "Running" that are not actually running

Post by GenDev »

We are having an issue in B&R latest version. Whenever we start a job, the "Running" indicator on the left side will say "(1)" appropriately to indicated that 1 job is running. But, when I click "Running" at look at the list on the right hand side, there are about 9 additional jobs listed, each at various stages of completion. If you click on one of the jobs that shows "Running" but is not actually running and look at the details, it does show that the job is complete. If I look at "Backup > Jobs", it'll also shows that one job running but the rest have completed successfully.

I thought this may be isolated to our B&R at work, so I tried it with B&R Community at home and it is showing the same thing.

I do have a case open (05081323) but the reason I'm posting here is because two jobs that were listed as "Running", but not actually running, are not showing anymore since the ticket was opened 4 days ago. I provided information for another job that is showing as "Running" but was told I need to open a new ticket since that job is not related to the two original jobs, even though the core issue IS related. I did increase the severity of the case because if jobs keep dropping off, we are just going to be chasing our tails.
scottf99
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Scott

Re: Jobs showing as "Running" that are not actually running

Post by scottf99 »

I have the same problem since upgrading to V11a from V11. The running jobs list (right side) doesn't clear out even when jobs finish. I can have 1 job actually running and 20 finished jobs still showing.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Jobs showing as "Running" that are not actually running

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

A topic already exists for that:
post431964.html?hilit=Console%20update#p431964

It looks like a confirmed bug :)
You need to manually refresh until it is fixed.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva » 1 person likes this post

Hi folks,

Moved your posts to the existing thread.
Please take a look at the replies here and please open a Support case if refresh does not help.

P.S. Thanks to Fabian - again :)

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Haha, Your welcome :)
miller1884
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Miller

Post by miller1884 »

I had the same issue - I just recently updated a password under managed credentials and the issue has seemed to go away
lukejf
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Luke

[MERGED] strange percentage complete

Post by lukejf »

Hey Team,
Is anyone noticing some strange behavior with backup %. We have noticed one one of our v11 servers if you click on running jobs it will often show completed jobs setting at 74% , however when you click on them they show completed.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
did you press F5 for refresh (similar like in SQL management studio) as mentioned in the thread above?

If F5 did not fix it, it would be helpful if you could open a case with screenshot and logs and post the case number here.

Thanks,
Hannes
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 117 times

[MERGED] issue with launched job

Post by matteu »

Hello,

I didn't have support case now but I will probably open one !

When one job is launching, why I see so much job in my "running" job ?
All other jobs are not executing. They already finished

Mildur
Product Manager

[MERGED] Re: issue with launched job

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi matteu

Can you press F5?
There is a known issue where the running job view doesn‘t get updated.

Console Refresh Error
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva » 1 person likes this post

Hi @matteu,

moved your post to the existing thread.
Please open a Support case if refresh doesn't help.

Thanks!

P.S. and again - thanks to Fabian :)
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 117 times

Post by matteu » 1 person likes this post

Wow thank you so much once more time :)

I never think about use F5 on this windows XD
It's working fine :)

Thanks you :)
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Your welcome :-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev » 3 people like this post

Fixed in P20211123.
bhnelson
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Brian Nelson

Post by bhnelson »

Gostev wrote: Nov 26, 2021 3:11 pm Fixed in P20211123.
I installed 11a with this patch on Monday. Today, I noticed that the History->Storage Management node was not refreshing. Status for jobs that had completed hours ago still showed 'running' with various % complete. Hitting F5 fixed it straight away. Saw this on two different Veeam consoles. So far that's the only place I've seen it for sure, but will be watching closer now. :(

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

I would not be surprised if this was by design: auto-refreshing the History mode makes less sense because unlike Last 24 node, it is used for historical data lookup as opposed to for real-time monitoring. Remember, the above issue was not just a randomly introduced bug: there were significant code changes in V11a in order to make the console more responsive over slow connections.
bhnelson
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Brian Nelson

Post by bhnelson »

Not trying to be snarky, but I was going by what you said in the last digest:
Gostev wrote: In addition, the patch fixes the infamous issue requiring you to press F5 to actualize job statuses, something we did break in V11a.
I've been running 11 (non a) since August and hadn't noticed the issue until installing 11a this week. It's possible it was there prior and I literally just hadn't noticed it until now. I'm not certain.

At any rate, if it's by design that's fine. I would suggest a status message saying something like 'Last refresh was X minutes ago. To refresh press F5' would be a helpful reminder. The competing backup product I used in the past did something similar in their console. :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say: V11a had some major code changes in order to make the console more responsive over slow connections, as to address the V11 issue discussed in this thread. And the F5 bug was a collateral damage from all those changes.
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz »

Anton, should the refresh-but be fixed in the current version? I'm running on the latest version with the latest patch and still have refresh issues (console plus server on the same host). I'd have to press F5 to e.g. get the correct job-list and sometimes it does strange things in the UI (for instance kind of flickering and switching between one and the other job - had such a strange situation last week on the CDP window).

Sometimes the issues are quite hard to describe...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Yes, it should. At least there seem to be no repeating support cases about this problem according to the weekly report from our support.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

so if I create a case, are logs then enough to investigate or is there also a demo needed?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Support engineers will determine what is needed to resolve your specific case. I cannot answer for them.
pirx
Veteran

Post by pirx »

mcz wrote: Jan 24, 2022 11:02 am Anton, should the refresh-but be fixed in the current version? I'm running on the latest version with the latest patch and still have refresh issues (console plus server on the same host). I'd have to press F5 to e.g. get the correct job-list and sometimes it does strange things in the UI (for instance kind of flickering and switching between one and the other job - had such a strange situation last week on the CDP window).

Sometimes the issues are quite hard to describe...
Same for me, no change in console behavior. I still have to press F5 to update the view or old and already finished jobs are still in the list of running jobs. I can create a new case as follow up to 05079456, but I'd prefer to not do that and avoid to have another case open.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4245
User interface: some UI nodes may show outdated job status information, requiring users to press F5 to refresh the view and actualize it.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

I haven't created a case yet, but will do later. In my case sometimes even pressing F5 does not bring the expected result, I'd have to change the view and switch back to get a proper refresh...
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Please do open the case if the issue persists.
Refresh problems were fixed quite a while ago and it might be something with your SQL queries performance.
pirx
Veteran

Post by pirx » 2 people like this post

To safe others time....
Thank you for your input. I have investigated this issue with my senior colleagues. This bug seems to be still appearing in some cases for the moment. This situation is already known by us. We are planning to fix it in a future release, however, at this time we do not have a current timeframe of when it will be fixed.

We recommend using to refresh option as long as it appears, until the release which will resolve this bug. Thank you for your valuable inputs and cooperation on this matter.