Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mveinot
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Veinot

Delete remote copy and start again

Post by mveinot »

Hi all,

Still relatively new to Veeam, having taken over an admin position where Veeam 8.0 is in use.

We keep a primary backup in the rack with our servers and an offsite one on a cloud provider (via a backup copy).

We don't really have a retention policy on our VMs except for some specific data which is treated separately and we're starting to run up against a lack of free space on our cloud provider even though there is enough space for the current backups and then some. What I would like to do is purge (remove) the existing backup copy and start populating it from scratch again from the current point of the local copies. How can I do this correctly? Forgive me if I'm asking with incorrect terminology or asking the wrong questions. I'm willing (and need) to learn.

Vic
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Delete remote copy and start again

Post by foggy »

Hi Mark, you can go under the Backup node, right-click the required job and select "Delete from disk". This will delete all the restore points from the backup copy job repository. After that you can trigger active full for it by right-clicking the job under the Jobs node and selecting "Active Full".