Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jmbraunTC
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Braun

Dell MD1280 respnse times

Post by jmbraunTC »

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I'll ask anyway. We have several backup servers running B&R 9.5 U2 with attached DELL MD1280's for our backup repositories. It seems like after we updated to 9.5 u2 the jobs are taking significantly longer to complete and disk response times are through the roof. I was curious if anyone else is using MD1280's for your repositories and if you are seeing any similar performance hits. It might be coincidental that it happened after the upgrade but in the past our jobs had been finishing a lot quicker. Any insight would be great.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Dell MD1280 respnse times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Did you have a chance to check session log to see which part of the job takes longer? Also, why do you still use U2 when U3 has been already released?

Thanks
jmbraunTC
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Braun

Post by jmbraunTC »

I'm not sure where to check the logs at but the bottleneck is the Target. We typically wait a few months after an update on any software before we update but going to U3 is going to happen in the next few weeks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Bottleneck target means the storage disk writer component, so not sure how U3 could affect it. Please contact technical support for a closer look. Thanks.