Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gjg_allegis
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Deploy Azure Helper with no Public IP

Post by gjg_allegis »

Hello,

Is there a way to deploy the helper appliance in Azure (required for restoring Linux VMs into Azure) without a public IP? Currently attempts to deploy are failing due to a policy restriction that denies associating a public IP with any interface. We don't have the option of changing the policy so our only option is to deploy without a public IP and use the registry key on the Veeam server to connect using the private IP.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Deploy Azure Helper with no Public IP

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

We always create our components with public IP but we can consider your question as a feature request.

Thanks!
sandequ
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Quincy Sanders

Post by sandequ »

Hi any updates here? I've run into the same situation where I need to configure an Azure appliance, but my machines don't use public ips.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Sanders,

If you deploy the VB appliance with a private IP (remove the public IP after deployment) and you have a direct connection to Azure, you should be able to connect to that private IP using the wizard in VBR.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

sandequ wrote: Jul 25, 2022 1:54 pm Hi any updates here? I've run into the same situation where I need to configure an Azure appliance, but my machines don't use public ips.
You need to follow the recommendations given in this KB article and set the corresponding registry key. Thanks!