Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
alesovodvojce
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

direct send of support logs (feature request)

Post by alesovodvojce »

Hi,
every time I am in contact with Veeam support, I need to go through process of collecting the logs and uploading them to Amazon FTP.
This is not an easy process considering that the backup VM is hardened and the browser (as well as remote copy/paste support) is limited. Anyway even without the limitation the workflow is not very user friendly. And it can be automated easily.
At the moment of exporting the logs from VBR, we could just write Veeam support ID and let the rest happen automatically. Or better, just choose from select box of open cases.
This would be especially useful having multiple support cases open. I have otherwise still have to look on FTP addresses and check if it belong to right support ID ticket etc.
Thanks for considering this.
I am generally happy with Veeam support, just this step is taking most of my time there and I can see how this can be improved.
Petr
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: direct send of support logs (feature request)

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Petr.

Thank you for your request, so you are looking for the similar to Veeam Agent for Windows 'Open Case' functionality where you can submit a case directly from Veeam Agent UI and get your support logs automatically attached to the case?
alesovodvojce
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Post by alesovodvojce »

Yes please. This would be even better than my initial idea.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Petr,

I've noted the request based on this post. Thanks!