Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ThomasMoeller
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Møller

DirectSAN / Hybrid to use Point In Time restores?

Post by ThomasMoeller »

Hi

We have a Veeam POC running and have a few questions - So I hope you guys will bear with me if the questions are stupid (RTFM).

It's a basic 1 server setup with backupserver and proxy on the same server, repository is a basic CIFS share. This works as it should, we can perform backups and restore to point in time SQL/File/AD. etc.

All our storage is NetApp with the licenses required to use the DirectSAN feature.

We have

VMware FC -> NetApp

NSC02 - Production environment + 2 backup snapshots
NSC03 - Local Snapvault site
NSC04 - Offsite snapvault site

What I'm confused about is:

Do you need a hybrid solution to leverage the power DirectSAN - Veeam repository for all the servers that need application awareness and directsan for thoese that don't? Or can you go all in on NetApp but still utilize the Restore In time for SQL etc?

If all your storage is NetApp and DirectSan able how do you architecture your setup to best work with Veeam?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: DirectSAN / Hybrid to use Point In Time restores?

Post by foggy »

ThomasMoeller wrote:Do you need a hybrid solution to leverage the power DirectSAN - Veeam repository for all the servers that need application awareness and directsan for thoese that don't? Or can you go all in on NetApp but still utilize the Restore In time for SQL etc?
Thomas, could you please rephrase your question as I'm not getting what you're asking about? Thanks.