- Posts: 127
- Liked: never
- Joined: Mar 18, 2009 2:15 pm
- Full Name: Sam
Currently backuping up over the network...taking 6+ hours..so i need to change this to SAN based backups using VCB.
So how do i configure this?
We have 4 ESX 3.5 Servers and VC Server.
Currently i have a server that does not have SAN access, this is where Veeam backup is installed.
Am i ok to this i need to SAN attached Windows Server with the ESX LUNS mapped to this server? If this is the case do i map these LUNS as read only...as the server is Windows..
Any help appriciated.
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 29891
- Liked: 5841 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
Basically, you need 2 things:
1. Windows server connected directly into SAN fabric via an HBA adaptor.
2. VMware Consolidated Backup installed on it (best is to refer to VMware documentation for installation and configuration).
From Veeam Backup side, there is nothing needs to be done. As soon as Veeam Backup detects that VCB is installed on your server, it will enable the corresponding option for you on the second step of the backup wizard (option to use VCB). Other than that, you will not have to do anything at all - integration is totally transparent.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests